This course offers the instruction and process of making your own Magickal Ink for your own magickal use, spellwork, and sigil magick.
This ink recipe is based on creating a custom india ink based on an old recipe from medieval times meant to banish evil spirits. We take this base recipe and give room for you to change it as it suits your intention. This is NOT the only way to make your own inks, but it is just one recipe.
- I talk a little bit about my experience in the fine art world, the finishing world in custom cabinetry, and exploration of materials. I know a lot about materials!
- What are the differences between a paint (including acrylic, oil, tempera, and watercolor), dye, and ink?
- What are some traditional methods of using plant material or tannin based dyes/inks?
- We of course have a compendium of recommended materials to work with such as resins and plants, and we also discuss how to customize an extraction to use this as an extra magickal layer.
Queen Meb, our retail location in Portland offers purchasable kits to go with with course. You can buy them in tandem or by themselves. Access to this course is for a lifetime. Kits are a single purchase to be mailed. https://queenmeb.com/collections/online-classes-through-the-house-of-twigs/products/pre-order-magickal-ink-making-from-medieval-grimoires-online
You will need:
- Alcohol (We are using a high proof vodka, but other high proof alcohols will also work.) Herbal Extracts may also be used if they were made with a high-proof alcohol.
- Alcohol Soluble Natural Tree Resin
- (Optional) Pigment or Ash
- Mortar and Pestle (Not for food use)
- (Optional) Glass plate, gloves, palette knives/ sticks, large syringes, etc can all come in handy..
- Small glass bottle 1/2 - 2 oz bottle with dropper or alcohol safe top.
- Gum Arabic
- Filtered or Distilled Water
**If you have a kit from us you will only need a mortar and pestle, alcohol