This is an immensely popular class that we host in our Portland location, but are offering it online with small kits that can be purchased if you don’t have the materials.
This class consists of magickal properties of different, herbs, flowers, and resins along with an instructional video of blending and making your own incense. The burning will be up to you, but we urge you to develop your own recipes (for personal use) to work with specific deities, for spellwork, or overall enjoyment.
If you want to purchase a mailable kit with ingredients to take in tandem with this online class, make sure to choose the option you want! https://queenmeb.com/products/pre-order-incense-making-sticks-and-cones-from-scratch-online
Resins and Makko can be found online at our store:
Please make sure to check out the materials needed for this class. We are also happy to say that this is also being offered with closed captions so the hard of hearing can also enjoy taking this class, as well as international customers. It is available in English, Spanish, Italian, French, and German.
To successfully create your own incense cones and sticks you will need the following tools and ingredients.
- A mortar and pestle (use one that will never be used for food!)
- Nitrile or latex gloves (only if you will be using essential oils)
- Purified or distilled water
- A glass surface (optional) or something like a smooth table top that can be cleaned with soap and water afterwards.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS (We offer kits for purchase for specific intentions to use along with this class):
- Dried herbs or flowers that are safe for burning (amount ranges for recipe)
- Ground or natural dried chunks of resins from plants (not synthetic resins)
- Powdered Makko at least 10 grams
- Essential OIls (Optional)